Barton Springs Pool will reopen Tuesday, June 9th, four days a week; Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On those days, the pool will open from 5 – 7 am for swim-at-your-own risk and then open for reservations between 8 am. and 10 pm. During the modified COVID-19 operations, no admission fees will be charged.
Anyone who bought a Summer 2020 swim pass and would like a refund should email email@example.com including their current address and where and how they paid for the pass.
We would like to thank City of Austin Parks and Recreation and the pool staff for their hard work in getting the pool open and safe.
Please see the instructions for reservations, safety rules and other information below:
• Reservation required: go to www.Austintexas.gov/parksonline- if you do not have an account you can easily create one – go to browse tickets/park and pool passes then to ticket search for date and keyword Barton Springs – choose date and front or back gate – continue to shopping card and check out – ticket will be emailed to you – no charge
o No fee required while under modified operations
o If you do not have access to a cell phone or computer phone reservations are available seven days a week from 8am to 5pm, at 512-974-9330
o Initially reservations to be available one-week prior
o Capacity has been limited
o Reservations are only available to persons identified as in your household through account creation
o You must enter at the gate associated with your ticket
• Screening required before entry to facility which includes temperature testing
o Patrons will confirm they have not been experiencing COVID symptoms for the last 72 hour
o Patrons receive wristband after successful screening
o Screening begins 30 minutes prior to entering the facility
• Showers and Changing areas not available
o Under the current guidelines set forth by The State of Texas regulations/Orders, we are restricting access to changing rooms and showers. You are only permitted to use the toilet areas and sinks. We ask that individuals not utilize toilet areas as changing areas. Please come to the facility ready to swim.
• Guests required to wear a cloth face covering while in the facility when not actively swimming/submerging underwater
• Swim at your own risk
o Every day of the week, including closure days
o 5a-7a only
• Closure days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
• Facility Entry/Exit
o Northside Primary entrance is being relocated to the “side gate” for reservation swim times
o Exiting on the northside will occur out the turnstiles or out the traditional entry way for ADA access
o Staircases on the north side of the pool have been designated as one-directional
o South side entrance remains the same
o Swim at your own risk can enter through traditional gates
We look forward to jumping into Barton Springs again!
Please follow all rules and stay safe.